• Please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Planning Page for a list of vaccine resources
• Downloadable resources that may be of use to your practice are available on the Downloadable Resources page
What vaccines for younger children will be available?
Both Pfizer and Moderna. Pfizer will have a vaccine for those 6 months-4 years of age and Moderna will have a vaccine for children 6 months-5 years of age.
What storage capabilities will I need to have to stock these new vaccines?
Pfizer 6 month-4 years old vaccine:
- The Pfizer vaccine will be shipped in ultracold settings of -80*C
- The Pfizer vaccine can be stored in ultracold storage until the manufacturer’s expiration date and can be stored in the refrigerator up to for 10 days
- This vaccine may not be frozen
Moderna 6 month-5 years old vaccine:
- The Moderna vaccine will be shipped in freezer settings of -20*C
- The Moderna vaccine can be stored in freezer until manufacturer’s expiration date and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days
What is the dosing schedule for the primary series of this vaccine?
The Pfizer 6 month-4 year old vaccine will be a three (3) dose primary series.
The Moderna 6 month-5 year old vaccine will be a two (2) dose primary series.
What is the dosage of these vaccines?
Pfizer 6month-4 years old:
- 3 micrograms /0.2ml
- Second dose given three weeks after first dose
- Third dose given eight weeks after second dose
- This vaccine requires 2.2 mL diluent
Moderna 6 month-5 years old:
- 25 micrograms/0.2mL
- Second dose given 28 days after first dose
- This vaccine does NOT require diluent
Do I have to stock both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?
No, providers do not have to stock both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
How do I order vaccine cards?
Vaccine cards cannot be ordered. Vaccine cards come in the ancillary supply kits that are received when vaccine is ordered.
How do I order these vaccines for my practice?
Vaccines are ordered through the Nevada State Immunization Program’s (NSIP) RedCap link. This link is sent to providers each Monday to the vaccine coordinators and is open until close of business Tuesday to place orders for that week. If providers are not currently enrolled in the COVID-19 vaccine program with NSIP and would like to become enrolled, please send an interest email to DPBHCOVID19VAX@health.nv.gov.
What reporting is my practice required to complete when stocking and administering COVID-19 vaccines?
There are 3 main reporting requirements when being enrolled in the COVID-19 vaccine program with NSIP:
- NV WebIZ monthly reconciliations
- Weekly Vaccine Finder reporting to the CDC
- Monthly temperature reporting data to NSIP
Will any trainings be available to my practice for these vaccines?
Yes, NV WebIZ data entry and inventory management training, COVID-19 specific storage and handling training, as well as COVID-19 specific vaccine administration trainings are available for anyone who will be managing the COVID-19 vaccine within your practice.